Friday 11 January 2013

2013 and marketing

Happy New Year to you all. Well what does 2013 have in store for all of us. Well lots and lots of marketing of our product, which as an actor, that would be ourselves.

We have to stay on top of things. There is so much to do, what with looking for work, learning lines, remember monologues, sense memory, reading scripts, watching films, drama series, rehearsing, auditioning the list goes on. Marketing is a very very important factor of our acting experience. I have a facebook fan page which I must keep on top of and manage, This blog, my facebook which I need to keep updated, Twitter also  linkedin. There are so many other sites which need to be managed especially sites like Imbd  There are so many sites and updates and information we need to continue with.

Many people will look at what we are doing and start saying that we love ourselves too much or we are showing all our business out there. For those who understand the business will understand that you are your business. We need to get as much exposure as possible so we can get the work. we can not leave it all up to our agents and chance. That is not enough. we have to work as much as we can to get the work and that includes marketing ourselves, so Casting Directors can come across us and use us in their next projects, therefore, market, market market as much as possible.

Im still in the process of working on my showreel. I have done some short films in 2012 which are not ready as yet, but as soon as they are I will be adding them to my showreel. Once that is done, I will be posting it all over facebook and all over my twitter and linkedin pages, and any other pages I can find to market myself.

Im no longer in a business or doing a 9 to 5, I am the business and the 9 to 5 all in one. I have to keep on top of things. We all have to keep on top of things if we want this to work.




I will be putting myself out there as much as possible. I may even get on some peoples nerves, but I don't care. This is my time now. My biggest fans are my 3 children , they love what im doing and im so glad they do. As I raised them and now they have set me free heheee. Im as free as a bird and I love it.

A small glimpse of a short film which I did which will be ready to be shown soon.  I played the mother of a depressed 16 year old.


What's in store for me for 2013. Well i've already done a short film last week, where I played a complaining neighbor, at the end January, I play a grandmother in lincon, and at the end of February I star as Rose Blake in Reasons.  There will be many more projects for this year. 2013 will be a great year for me.  I will keep doing what im doing, thanks to all those that have supported me so far.



Message to my fellow actors and actress, Market, Market Market!!!!

HAPPY 2013
















No comments:

Post a Comment